For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup ube powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 4 tsp ube flavor
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tsp ube flavor
- 1/3 cup macapuno
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients, flour, ube powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, Team Dry Ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix together the yogurt, milk and ube flavor, Team Wet Ingredients.
- Add in one third of the dry ingredients and then add in one half of the wet ingredients.
- Repeat step 5 untill all our combined. Just barely mix, until you cannot see streaks of flour in the batter.
- Pour into two lined 6-inch pans and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes. Make sure to tap the pans used to release air bubbles before baking. Let it cool.
- To make the frosting, mix together butter, ube flavor and butter. Sift the powdered sugar and add to the butter mixture slowly. Mix until smooth.
- To assemble, cool cakes first. Divide the cake into four layers. For every layer, add 1/3 cup frosting in between. Cover the cake with frosting and top with macapuno.