- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, melt together the chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the egg and sugar until pale and creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate then gradually add the flour mixture.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheets two inches apart (batter will be somewhat loose and will thicken the longer it sits). Bake 8 minutes or until the edges are set and tops are cracked (they will deflate as they cool). Cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.