Monday, August 17, 2015

Disney Announces 'Star Wars' Theme Parks

J.J. Abrams, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, and Lupita Nyong'o were on hand for the presentation.


The Star Wars universe is ready to invade ours.
Disney chairman Bob Iger announced two Star Wars theme parks. The 14-acre parks will feature humanoids, aliens, a cantina, and droids.
“Everything we create will be part of our storytelling,” said Iger, who added every store in these parks would be operated by local inhabitants — in other words, actors in character as aliens or droids.
“Nothing in the land will be out of character or stray from the mythology.”
Iger said guests will “truly become a part of their favorite Star Wars stories.”
The parks will be featured at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida, with the other coming to Disneyland in Anaheim.
Earlier in the Star Wars presentation, J.J. Abrams brought out his Force Awakens cast, to thunderous applause.
Harrison Ford made a surprise appearance, receiving a huge standing ovation from the enraptured crowd.
“I’m very happy, yesterday following in the footsteps of George Lucas, the author of the early chapters of my story,” said Ford. “It’s a great thrill to be with you, who made this whole thing happen.
ohn Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, and Lupita Nyong'o were also onhand to talk Star Wars: The Force Awakens and show off a new poster featuring Ford.
Abrams spoke about going to composer John Williams’ house: "He played me on the piano music he was going to conduct. It was like hearing music from the gods.”
Disney chief Alan Horn showed off a cast photo for spinoff Rogue One.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters Dec. 18.
-shaw

No comments: