Grab some popcorn…you can use a plain microwave kind, or even pop some on your stove top!
Popped 1/2 cup kernels, which yields about 16 cups of popped corn.
Next make your easy caramel sauce.
Just butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt…
And bring that to a boil and let it go for 4 minutes. No stirring and no candy thermometer required!
Then pour that over top of the popcorn and stir it until it’s all coated…
Next dump all the popcorn into a lined baking pan…
And sprinkle with some more salt…
And bake it for 30 minutes.
Every 10 minutes or so give it a stir.
Spread it out onto a lined counter to cool and break it into pieces.
Honestly, you’re not going to be able to stop eating this.
Yield: Makes about 16 cups of caramel corn
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- 1½ - 2 tsp kosher or sea salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour popcorn into lined pan, sprinkle remaining salt on top (1/2 tsp - 1 tsp depending on your personal taste preference) and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.
You can add in 2 cups of nuts to the un-coated popcorn if desired! Coat with caramel as states!